Royall Class of 94
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the Royall High School Class of 1994

Class of 94 Web Site  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Track Meet in Mauston

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nathan Bruha
Panther Alum/Admin
Panther Alum/Admin

A Track Meet in Mauston Empty
PostSubject: A Track Meet in Mauston   A Track Meet in Mauston I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 9:29 am

I'm not sure if it was my freshman or sophomore year, but one track meet that took place in Mauston was quite memorable...and not for the races.

It was a very hot and sunny day after a night of rain. Mauston's nice shredded-rubber track (man, that was nice to run on) was covered in quite a few places by a nice coating of dead worms brought out by the previous night's rain. Slippery! And smelly.

Any time they weren't running, almost everyone spent as much time as possible in the shade under the bleachers. Got a lot of card playing time in.

Many people ended up with sunburns...especially Ms. Wangen (our coach), who sat out and watched every race.

After waiting for an hour or so after the meet, our bus finally showed up to take us back to Elroy...only to get stuck under the overhanging front part of Mauston's building.
Back to top Go down
http://www.amethyst-dragon.com/royallalumni94

A Track Meet in Mauston
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Royall Class of 94 :: Class of 94 :: Remember the Time-
Jump to: